Oh well, here goes...
7 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE
1. Get elected
2. Write a proper book
3. Persuade my partner to take more holidays
4. Have enough money so I don't continually worry about it
5. Learn to play the Piano
6. Finish the Robert Caro books on LBJ
7. Learn to speak Dutch
7 THINGS I CANNOT DO
1. Anything slowly
2. Tie my shoelaces properly. Really.
4. Resist reality TV programmes
5. Make my mobile phone receive email
6. Keep anything tidy for very long
7. Keep a gadget 12 months without replacing it with a newer version
7 THINGS THAT ATTRACT ME TO LONDON
1. The Houses of Parliament
2. The Dickensian feel of the streets around Shad Thames
3. West Ham United
4. The buzz of Soho
5. Gotham City aka Docklands
6. Nightlife, not that I often partake in it.
7. TV & Radio studios
7 THINGS I OFTEN SAY
1. You have to be kidding me
2. Das gibt's doch nicht
3. I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air
4. The cheque's in the post
5. Big Mac and large fries please
6. Gio, be a good boy and give it back
7. Jesus wept
7 BOOKS THAT I LOVE
1. Animal Farm by George Orwell
2. Watership Down by Richard Adams
3. In the Arena by Richard Nixon
4. The Insider by Piers Morgan
5. The Rats by James Herbert
6. Breaking the Code by Gyles Brandreth
7. Diaries by Alan Clark
7 MOVIES I WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN
2. Independence Day
3. Strictly Ballroom
4. Muriel's Wedding
5. Back to the Future
6. Thief of Hearts
7. Four Weddings & a Funeral
7 PEOPLE I WANT TO JOIN IN TOO
1. Jonathan Shephard aka The Despatch Box
2. Tom Watson MP
3. Wat Tyler
4. Paul Linford
5. Bob Piper
6. Martin Curtis aka Spinblog
7. Jonathan Calder aka Liberal England
Whats 'Thief of Hearts' about? Never heard of it.
I think it was made in about 1986. It's a film about a guy who burgles a woman's house and inadvertantly reads her diary. It's all about her fantasies. So he lives them out. In the end she discovers what he's done and it all ends very bloodily. Great soundtrack too.
What am I joining, what am I joining?
Shouldn't one of the things you cannot do be 'proof read'?
So, why won't "bubbles" take more holidays then?
My mother learnt to speak Dutch, in her late 50s. Why do you want to learn it?
dfh, very droll! ian, I love the sound of it. I speak German and can understand a bit of Dutch and would just love to get my throat round the gutteral sounds.
So, from the look of your film choices, you're not an intellectual, then? (Four Weddings? Puhleeeze!)
Post a Comment