Tuesday, January 24, 2006

LibDems Illiberal & Inconsistent over Explusion

Neil Craig has a BLOG. He is a Liberal Democrat member. He is being threatened with expulsion on the grounds that letters he had written to newspapers and comments on his blog were "illiberal & inconsistent with membership of the party". That's very liberal of them. Reading Neil's blog he seems nothing more than a harmless maverick with both sandal-wearing and 'tough liberalism' tendences. I wonder what criteria the LibDems use for expelling people. I also wonder if what Neil is supposed to have done compares to what Mark Oaten has done to the reputation of the LibDems. I think we all know the answer to that one...

1 comment:

neil craig said...

No sandals at this time of year. I would call myself more a woolly jersey wearing classic liberal but thanks for the kind words.