Something doesn't quite add up about this cannabis discovery at John Reid's house. The media seem to have completely swallowed Reid's explanation. I'm at somewhat of a loss to explain the total absence of any comment or questioning from either the Conservatives or the Liberal Democrats so far. Here are some questions Dr Fox might consider posing...
1. How often do security sweeps take place at Dr Reid's home?
2. What kind of dogs are used?
3. How was the cannabis discovered? Did a dog discover it, or were they rifling through drawers?
4. If it had been there for "up to 20 years", why was it not discovered on previous sweeps?
5. If this amount of cannabis was discovered in the quarters of a serving soldier, what disciplinary procedure would then be put in place?
Dr Reid should be grateful that the media's attention is on Messers Prescott and Clarke today.
Maybe the answer to your question is "there but for the grace of god go I"
I say we demand a specimen sample!
anonymous, not quite sure what you're implying there. I've never even had a puff!
If you remember the all the fuss over smoking, John Reid was one of the few labour politicians not to take the hard line supporting a total ban.
I remember thinking at the time, "Hmm, a senior Labour politician who doesn't want to dictate every aspect of my existence. That's unusual."
I think I see now why he might have taken his unusual position on this issue.
I wasnt accusing you, I just meant that the deafening silnce is due to the fact that some of those that should be asking the questions have(do)indulge in either cannabis or something else
I agree that this would be a bigger issue than it is if clarke etc wasn't going on however the opposition won't touch this. Reid doesn't look like he is on the wacky backy but lets suppose for the sake of argument it was his?
cannabis is now so common that no party can really make much moral running on it. Look what happened to anne widdecome!
Interesting that the scandals are only affecting Blairites.
How many favours does Gordon owe now?
Post a Comment