Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Charles Clarke's Collars Select Committee Chairman

A correspondent emails me to report that Charles Clarke was just seen in Portcullis House grabbing Home Affairs Select Committee Chairman John Denham by the elbow and leading him behind a pillar for a furtive conversation. What CAN they have been discussing?

Meanwhile Miss Widdecombe and I continue our voyage north. Still another hour or so to go. We have recorded a very entertaining podcast on the way - Andrew Woodman will enjoy the answer to his question on Michael Portillo! And in case you're wondering, I'm not driving while typing this!

Apologies that I can't authorise your Comments at the moment. For some reason my Blackberry won't do it. It will have to wait until I get back at 3am.

3 comments:

Theo Spark said...

Maybe they are very fond of each other!!!

Anonymous said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5128022.stm

This?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it was one of those lumpen John Prescott moments on government property. Did John Denham have his legs around Clarke's neck?