Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Daley Dozen: Wednesday

1. David Boothroyd predicts the outcome of next year's London borough elections.
2. Charles Crawford on the Clare Short angle.
3. Jack of Kent on Section 44 and all that.
4. Liberal Burblings thinks he has discovered the ideal seat for me to apply for. He thinks.
5. Julian Ware-Lane thinks people should be able to vote for none of the above.
6. Paul Waugh thinks Wee Dougie doth protest too much.
7. Political Betting looks at the chances for Independent candidates.
8. Lord Tebbit on taxing the poor.
9. Party Lines meets Shaun Bailey.
10. Nadine Dorries on love and marriage.
11. Press Gazette: News International don't want new readers to their websites. Amazing but true.
12. Alastair Campbell thanks friend and foe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Nadine Dorries the last person to be preaching about love and marriage? Mind your own business me thinks...

Martin S said...

Good Lord. Lord Tebbit is right.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see Lord Tebbit has finally seen the light.

For 30 years I have thought it was crazy to have such a low tax threshold where people pay tax on low earnings.

I agree with Lord T that Nick Clegg and the Lib Dems are leading the charge here. But, as they won't be elected it is of little significance what they think.

I have never understood why the Tories did not try to outflank Labour with regard to the low paid.

Imagine if, when Dave Cameron became leader, he immediately said that he was going to, over the course of a parliament, raise the tax threshold to £10K or £12K.

Labour would have no answer.

Obviously, to pay for this, you need to hammer the middle classes. I've never understood why high rate tax rate payers get additional payments into their tax pot at 40%. They earn enough to build up a nice pot - thank you.

I've said this many times before - but here I go again - I am 100% convinced that Ed Balls and Gordon Brown (in that order) implemented the crazy Tax credit system to bind people into benefits so that they will become Labour supporters.

The additional benefit is that people will fear that the awful Tories will take their tax credits away.

I think you Tories have missed a golden opportunity here.

Lady Finchley said...

Shaun Bailey rocks!

Anonymous said...

Julian Ware-Lane thinks we should not be able to vote for none of the above I think.