Tuesday, June 01, 2010

2010 Iain Dale's Diary Blogreaders' Survey: Please Take Part

Each May I conduct a survey of the readers of my blog. Its aim is severalfold. I genuinely want to know what you like or dislike about the blog - what you think I am getting right and what I am not. And this year is especially important, as I think the blog has reached a bit of a watershed and I am mulling over in which direction to take it in future.

In addition, it's an opportunity to find out more about you, your politics and background. It's partly because I am nosy and partly because I can then make a more accurate pitch to potential advertisers. Advertisers are taking blogs increasingly seriously, but they need accurate information about a blog's readers if they are going to pay for space.

Anyway, there are 30 questions and it should take you 10-15 minutes to complete. Last year, more than 2,500 of you took part. Hopefully we can beat that this time. Thanks for taking part.

Click HERE to take the survey.

11 comments:

DespairingLiberal said...

What was that question about staying in hotels near the House of Commons about Iain? A sneaky way of finding out if we work for MPs? Commercial interest by hotel chains? An attempt to form a lonely hearts club for political travellers to London town?

The Grim Reaper said...

You gonna be taking the blog in a more corporate direction then, Iain?

ArthurBea said...

Here's a suggestion: shorter questionnaires.

Patrick said...

i forgot to add.... i recommend that you drop those ads which take over the whole browser screen.

I have no idea what they are advertise ; i think its is gods way of telling me to go back to work!!

Context said...

I'll willingly do the questionnaire (as I did last year) but here's the deal - please publish the address of the people collecting election leaflets so I can send mine off - I've tried the archive but just can't find the right post. Please. xxx
(and then I'll do questionnaire)

Jimmy said...

"In addition, it's an opportunity to find out more about you, your politics and background."

Do you for example take part in protests when you should be working?

All submissions will be treated in confidence.

Anonymous said...

Maybe next year when I have been blogging for longer.

Jabba the Cat said...

Less statistics and questionnaires...

Grand_Inquisitor said...

Forgot to mention watching Brillo in his "Straight Talk" role on BBC News - I note you did not include it in your list.

DespairingLiberal said...

@Jimmy - we are also missing a question on your employer, is it public sector and what is their phone number?

Unknown said...

Under question 7, "Blogs You Read", why no mention of Craig Murray's blog, to my mind an unmissable, entertaining, if sometime wacky read. Nonetheless it written with insight and passion.

You have even quoted from his blog yourself.