Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year to Everyone!


Time to sign off until 2010 and wish all my readers a really happy New Year. If 2009 has been eventful, I suspect it has nothing on 2010. It's a year I am hugely looking forward to both on a personal and professional basis. One way or another, I think it's going to be one of the most important of my life. I hope you'll be joining me on the rollercoaster than undoubtedly lies ahead.

I'm spending the New Year at home. I hate New Year's parties. They never quite live up to their billing in my experience. We've got our friend Jenny here too and John is cooking a meal at the moment. Gio is sitting by the table waiting for scraps, as his wont.

Thanks for your company in 2009. It's now time to look ahead with optimism and confidence.

Happy New Year everyone!

Iain

x

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to you too, Iain. Hope 2010 sees you in the Commons!

JPT said...

And to you too.

Unsworth said...

Happy New Year, Iain. Nice to see that you share Alan Clark's disdain for the faux bonhomie.....

JuliaM said...

Here's to a better one in 2010! ;)

John said...

Happy new year Iain, and to everybody!

cynicalHighlander said...

"They never quite live up to their billing in my experience."

Thats because you live in the wrong part of these isles to appreciate a proper Hogmanay. All the best in the future and lets hope that we can remain friendly but seperate Nations each with our own needs and rights. Slainthe

Jimmy said...

"Hope 2010 sees you in the Commons!"

I'll second that. On the opposition benches though obviously.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Iain.

Anonymous said...

A very Happy and Healthy New Year, Iain.

I Squiggle said...

A Happy New Year Iain, to you and yours. Another year gone, another birthday (31st). 2010, what larks we may have..

Roger360 said...

Happy New Year Iain

I start off disliking NY parties, grow to hate them and then have a great time with old friends.

Let's hope that 2010 gives us a chance to do something different. Just getting that evil Scottish bastard out of No 10 will be a start. Once he goes, I'm convinced that DC could unleash a huge pent up desire to get the UK back on the world map - the Maggie factor. But I'm not sure he's got the cojones - please tell me I'm wrong.

Martin S said...

Happy New Year, Iain.

wv - nowif. Interesting.

subrosa said...

Happy New Year Iain and lang may yer lum reek.

Ean Craigie said...

And the best to you and yours, now get off your butt nd find that seat.

Unknown said...

Iain, Your spat with Michael White during the Local elections on Sky News made their review of 2009.

Osama the Nazarene said...

Best wishes for 2010 to you too and whatever happens I hope your blogging continues as interesting and prolific as the last year has been.