Adam Boulton has just given himself 6 out of 10 for his 2009 predictions, which he made at the turn of the year. This prompted me to revisit the predictions I made a year ago.
1. There won't be an election.
2. Unemployment will top 3 million by the end of the year.
3. Damian Green will not face charges.
4. Ed Balls will be Chancellor by the end of the year.
5. Ken Clarke will join the Shadow Cabinet. David Davis won't.
6. The Independent will go out of business.
INCORRECT (a year too early)
7. There will be a second massive recapitalisation of the banks.
8. Lynne Featherstone will be promoted to a major job on the LibDem front bench.
9. Jonathan Ross will leave the BBC.
10. The economic growth rate will be three times worse than the Treasury has predicted.
IT'S WORSE, BUT I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS 3 TIMES WORSE
So that's 4 or 5 out of ten. Not as good as 2008, when I think I got 7. Collect your refund on the way out...