Sunday, February 03, 2008

Doctors Are Sadists Who Like to Play God

Well if that doesn't get a comment on NHS Blog Doctor, I don't know what will... Tonight I went to see a movie with a couple of friends. It was called JUNO and one of the lead actresses was Alison Janney, better known to you and me as C J Cregg from the WEST WING. It took a while to get used to her in a new role. For the first half an hour, I kept expecting her to say: "I need to see the President" - which, in a film about a teenage pregnancy would have been a little odd.

JUNO is very much a feel-good film with some very comedic moments. The storyline surrounds the lead character's surprise pregnancy and how, as a 16 year old high school kid, she copes with it. Juno is played by the excellent Ellen Page whose comedic timing is something to be believed. This film has the spontaneity of AIRPLANE at times, but with added emotion. Some of the oneliners were hilarious. This was my favourite...
Well, honey, doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.
Watch the trailer HERE. But even better, go see the movie when it's released in Britain.

4 comments:

Jeremy Jacobs said...

I met some friends this afternoon who suggested I see it.

Last night, I went to see "The Savages". Not for the sensitive.

Anonymous said...

Saw it today - thanks for the tip. The dialogue is brilliantly written. I was reminded of the West Wing insofaras everyone effortlessly comes up with beautiful and poetic ways of saying ordinary things. I see that it's up for four Oscars and I hope that one of them is for the script because it should win for that.

Jeremy Jacobs said...

On doctors: they're also the front-line salesforce for the pharma companies.

4x4 the people said...

I always had a thing for CJ. I was at the Kennedy Gallery in DC having coffee and she was sitting RIGHT BEHIND ME. But being British I couldnt bring myself to ask if she would pose for a photo. We just tried to get a photo of me with Janney in the background. Pathetic I know. But she is still the actress I'd "turn for". Maybe.