Thursday, February 14, 2008

Did Sky News Reporter Go 'Commando' in Downing Street?

Niall Paterson on the Sky News blog tells us of how some skimy undergarments were delivered to Gordon Brown this morning by solicitor Clive Stafford Smith.

Clive admitted he was not wearing the skimpy undergarments himself - choosing instead to go commando on one of the coldest days of the year thus far... Not something I would advise. Painful experience taught me that a long time ago.
Is there more you would care to share with is Niall? I'm sure that on this day of all days my lady readers (not to mention a few of the gentlemen) would be interested in knowing more :).
UPDATE: Niall assures me that in the picture above he wasn't feeling too windy down below and adds: "I’m afraid that my blushes, and my bosses, both prevent me from providing further details of my Downing Street eye-opener. But I would urge anyone taking a trip to number ten to dress appropriately." Indeed so.
UPDATE: Mr Paterson becomes more interesting by the minute. A correspondent emails me this little morsel from the Pandora column in the Indy last October...
Lock your doors! Sky News's political correspondent Niall Paterson has
suffered an embarrassing bout of sleep walking. Paterson, who is part of Sky's
team covering the Tory party conference in Blackpool, has been holed up for the
past few days in the town's Parkhouse Hotel. According to his fellow political
reporter Joey Jones, Paterson surfaced in the wee hours of Tuesday morning
inside his producer's suite, naked and muttering whether he had got the right
room. "Niall has form," says Jones. "At the Scottish Labour conference last
year, he left hotel staff traumatised by strolling oblivious into the night
chill in the car park." Quips Paterson: "I had to do it here too for editorial
balance.

5 comments:

Newmania said...

Iain you have inadvertently summoned the gruesome spectacle of Gordon Brown having sex which I now fear will occur to me at inconvenient moments.
" OH May Guid Aim Aboot to hit me targits lassy"
" Gordon sweety you`ve called it early before "
" OOoooooo Darling ! "

( Yes sir- squeaks small voice )

and so on

Anonymous said...

It's McDowning Street actually Ian!.

http://tinyurl.com/2q68d4

Anonymous said...

For God's sake Iain.
We have the worst/most corrupt government for years.
The country is in two wars and deep in debt and all you can post about is underpants.
Get real and leave underpants to Chris Bryant

Anonymous said...

This story's far too cryptic. You seem to be saying that Niall Paterson removed his underpants and gave them to Clive Stafford Smith who then delivered them to Gordon at No. 10 ? If Gordon likes that sort of thing I think we should all send him our soiled undergarments.

Anonymous said...

I am sure Niall Paterson was wearing clean underwear and had a clean hankie. Just in case he had an accident!