Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last Chance to Join My Fantasy League

Each year, I run a Fantasy Football League. Last year more than 700 people took part. Today I am launching next season's league and inviting you to take part and submit a team.

To enter a team click HERE. When you've registered your details, follow the instructions to select your team.

When you've done that you need to join the Iain Dale League by typing this code 770990-161470 into the relevant box. You need to register before the season starts on 15 August.

I've chosen the following players in my team - Green (West Ham), Baines (Everton), Jagielka (Everton), O'Shea (Man U), Corluka (Spurs), Gerrard (Liverpool), Mascherano (Liverpool), Parker (West Ham), Collison (West Ham), Torres (Liverpool), Defoe (Spurs).

Well done to Sam Roake who won last year!

The deadline for entering is midnight tonight (Friday).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jagielka's out for a good while at the start of the season as he did his cruciate.

Victor, NW Kent said...

Who does Flintoff play for?

bugsmalone said...

Can I enter Norwich City Football Club just as it stands? They are bound to win everything this season - but we still sadly miss Glen Roeder.

Rob said...

I've entered my team, though don't hold out much hopr for it unless Fat Frank Lampard and Michael Owen have blinders.

Bill Quango MP said...

Fat Frank is always, always a top 5 fantasy player and often the top.
Anelka is always top as well.
Owen, however will probably not score for 4 matches, then get a hat trick, then break an ankle.

Mr Smith said...

Iain I bloody hate football and I am disappointed you have put this feature on your blog. I wanted to read about political stories not bloody football.

I HATE FOOTBALL! It bores the s*** out of me

David Logan said...

Mr Smith

I am so glad Iain did this. I love football, it is the only reason for living, it is far more important than politics, family, work or life. I can only sleep with a football. I gave up a promising political career for a football club[almost true actually].

Despite this West Ham are even worse that Brown. Total sh......

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Iain, heed Anonymous' advice. Jagielka's out for possibly another 4 or 5 months.

Also - if i can be so bold as to offer advice! - Mascherano's rubbish for Fantasy League because he doesn't score (grand total of 0 goals last year). You're better off getting a lower quality more offensive player in there. A Phil Neville, if you will.

All that said, i've joined your league and look forward to being forced to eat my words!

dearieme said...

Football is mildly interesting - boring over 90 minutes, it edits down well to 10 minutes for the highlights show.

Eusebio said...

Maybe you should do a fantasy conference league...
Which footballers would people most like to see speaking at fringe meetings?

Mr Smith said...

Iain I don't give a s*** about football. This is suppose to be a political blog not a blog about football for goodness sake.

Anonymous said...

Done. And even if I do say so myself I think I've got the best team name so far - Real Politik.