Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Random Disappearance of This Blog!

I gather many people are having problems accessing the Blog properly in that it keeps disappearing at random. This seems to happen on some machines and not others. On all three of my own computers it doesn't happen. I think it must be something to do with some rogue HTML coding somewhere, so I'm going to remove some of the features down the left to see if that has any effect. I'd be grateful if you could use the Comment feature on this posting to let me know if the problem persists or if you can give me any clue as to why it might be happening! Apologies for the inconvenience.

UPDATE 10am Friday - so can I take it that no-one has experienced the vanishing act since I removed most of the stuff on the left hand column? If so I shall gradually reintroduce some of the things. Please let me know if the problem returns.

And for all those waiting for my comments on the Dunfermline result, you won't have too long to wait! But let me offer my congratulations to the LibDems for a truly spectacular result.

13 comments:

Iain Dale said...

is it still happening now?

ian said...

I was experiencing it. It seemed to happen when the page finishes loading.

I'm not sure if it was something to do with the thing that measured click outs or not, but that always seemed to appear when it occurred.

Bill said...

I have been experiencing the same problem, including earlier this evening, but it seems to have disappeared now - perhaps as a result of the removal of one of the features you mentioned. If it recurs I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for some LibDem related comments, Iain: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4695270.stm

Gareth said...

Presumably it's the browsers rather than the computers that are at fault.

Raw Carrot said...

Can't say I had been experiencing it; but I know some other blogs on blogger have randomly failed to load recently... but would work after hitting refresh a few times. May just be a temporary glitch with blogger.

Tory Ted said...

Blogspot has random down patches so it may be tied to that.

Guido Fawkes said...

Well at least you got rid of that irritating link thingy - as if we cared to know.

Much better. Things don't jump about - made it extremely difficult to read when hungover.

Hughes Views said...

Try as I may I can't make it vanish this morning! (Only joking - I love your blog and can't wait for your analysis of the election result from North Britain - remember Orpington in 1962? I do....)

The only little quibble today is that your 'about me' and 'previous post' texts are creeping into the real posts but that maybe because I'm on my old ME machine. ME the operating system aptly named after a condition which makes its sufferers listless and which takes ages to fix....

stalin's gran said...

It was vanishing every time the cursor went anywhere near that picture of Andrew Neil....

Anonymous said...

It used to happen on machine - but no longer..

Anonymous said...

Very hard to see on a Mac. Everything everywhere. Get rid of all the shit (outgoing links etc) or try another blog provider.

Content great. Design shit.

Iain Dale said...

LibDem member. Hmmm. Not heard that about Macs before...get a PC! Only 4% of people who view this blog use a Mac. I have thought about moving away from blogspot but it would be a nightmare. What I can't find is someone who can redesign it within Blogspot. Anyone out there?! I don't like the design either but I am stuck with using one of the templates unless someone knows how to redesign it.