Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hat Tip to The Grauniad

Delighted to see this blog being quoted on page 2 of The Guardian on ID Cards. Thanks to NukeLabour for the tip. They quoted the piece where I said: "If I thought they would do anything meaningful to help the fight against terrorism, I'd be in favour. If I thought they would stop benefit fraud, I'd be in favour. If I thought they'd help convict more criminals I'd be in favour. But the simple truth is, they will do little if anything do any of these things." They calso carried a quote from another blog, whose name I unfortunately forget, carrying a quote from Tony Blair in 1995 saying that only right wing Tories want to waste money on ID cards. How times change...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for getting in The Guardian. Thanks for the plug.