Thursday, February 09, 2006

Chris Huhne Pulls Ahead in YouGov Poll

YouGov poll result: Chris Huhne: 38%: Campbell 34%: Hughes 27%. When Hughes is eliminated it splits Huhne 52% to Campbell 48%. A slight word of caution is the sample size, which was 401 LibDem members. But remember, YouGov called the Tory result within 1%. But effectively this means it's all to play for, but the Big Mo is certainly with Huhne. This is why I scored Ming Campbell on Sky News so low, at 1 out of 5. Playing safe is a dodgy tactic in a leadership contest. You've got to surpass expectations. Believe me, I know! I wish I had put money on Huhne when I tipped him in December!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iain, great website. I've just started reading it and as i was in front of a TV last night i thought i'd watch your Sky TV performance. Your ratings were very strange! How on earth can you give Cameron 3 and Blair 4!! Blair ate him up and spat him out! And what was all that "I love it!" stuff about?

Iain, that was vintage Blair. Blair 5, Cameron 2, Ming 1.

PS What happened to your lovely shop?