Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Patrick Mercer - Nottingham Sex God?

When I took my early morning blogging constitutional I was most amused to see an item on Guido's Blog about the sexiest MP in Nottinghamshire. BBC Nottingham are conducting a poll. Looking down the list it has to be said that Nottinghamshire is not exactly overendowed with goodlooking politicians. Quite how Nick Palmer had registered 4%, God only knows. Mrs Palmer must be permanently clicking the mouse I guess. A wise 48% of the voters had clicked on None of the Above. My friend Patrick Mercer, who is the Shadow Homeland Security Minister was on a pisspoor 2%. But what's this? A sudden Mercer surge to the front. A mere 8 hours later Patrick has a massive 36% of the vote. I suspect his admirers among the House of Commons secretaries have been putting the word about. There's not a dry seat in the House when Patrick's about... so I;m reliably informed. Should you wish to register your vote for Patrick, click HERE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eye tests required for blind and desperate Commons secretaries! Perhaps it was Blunkett!

Anonymous said...

Beauty is only skin deep and behind this kindly face there is a benevolent despot with an iron fist in a velvet glove!!!