Thursday, February 16, 2006

Desperate Housewives, Desperate Davids?

I remember being at the ITV Awards with David Davis and David Cameron a few months ago (remember the night they both walked on stage to be greeted by a chorus of boos?!) and they ended up having a conversation in the Green Room about how much they both enjoyed Desperate Housewives. At that time I had never seen an episode of the programme, but over Christmas I bought the series on DVD to see what all the fuss was about. DD and DC agreed that Bree Van de Kamp. was tgheir favourite character. To those who've never seen the show, she is the houseproud, perfect housewife who's perfectly turned out and to the outside world leads a perfect life. But she's just the sort of woman you can imagine wears a rubber dominatrix suit behind closed doors. I have to say it's a highly addicitve programme and I've just emerged from watching two episodes on C4 and E4. My own favourite character is Lynette. It's got me thinking about politicians who could star in the programme. Oh dear, I feel a lawsuit coming on...

Bree van de Kamp - Theresa May
Lynette Scavo - Julie Kirkbride
Susan Meyer - Caroline Spelman
Edie - Edwina Currie
Gabriela - Caroline Flint

Unless, of course, you can think of more suitable candidates...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant programme, been addicted since first episode. There is only one female politician who reminds me of Bree Van Der Kamp and that is Maggie Thatcher.

Iain Dale said...

Lady Finchley, the mind boggles...

Anonymous said...

As with the Sex and the City Gals, I find myself a combination of the two - Bree and Edie - not as strange as one might think!