Now it's Friday afternoon and the end of a long week, so let's not have a sense of humour failure, but I feel you need cheering up. Here's a few political anagrams thrown up by the Anagram genius website...
1. David Davis MP- Shadow Home Secretary = Vampire Howard's voted DC. Shame, I'd say.
2. David Davis, Conservative MP = Man proved v.v.v. sadistic idea
3. Conservative and Unionist Party Leader Michael Howard = Vampire Dracula has teeth in vain. Riled - sod Tony won race.
4. Conservative Party Chairman, Francis Maude = Voters cave in. I am a crafty and rich superman!
5. The Right Honourable Michael Howard MP = The globular, horrid chap. Women hate him.
6. Conservative MP Anne Widdecombe = Verbose, decent, nice, VIP madwoman
7. Rt Hon Theresa May = Shh! Tory man-eater
8. The Conservative Leader David Cameron = Old Etonian chav. A TVR? I've a red Mercedes!
9. The Conservative Leader David Cameron = Smart career advice involved Eton head
LIBERAL DEMOCRAT ANAGRAMS
1. Liberal Democrats = A terrible old scam
2. Liberal Democrats = Liars led - mob react.
3. Liberal Democrats = Dismal rectal bore
4. Liberal Democrat Home Affairs Spokesman = Roll of Shame: Camp Mark Oaten beds fairies
5. Charles Kennedy Liberal Democrat leader = O! Elect Mr "Sad Drinker" - deny a real ale belch
6. Liberal Democrat Leadership Contest = Embattled radical or hopeless cretin?
7. Liberal Democrat Simon Hughes = Smothers laudable heroic Ming
8. Liberal Democrat Simon Hughes = Horrible scum, leading to shame
9. Liberal Democrat Simon Hughes = So heroic, mumble "I shag rent lad"
10. Liberal Democrat Mark Oaten resigns = I'm bi, me! Got oral, rent lads sank career
11. Simon Henry Ward Hughes = Gay? Shhh! Row undermines
1. Tony Blair's election manifesto = More nasty lies. Notable fiction
2. Britain's 'New Labour' Government = Blair's vow? Reign on at Number Ten
3. Tony Blair's Government = Revolting rentboys, man!
4. A lame-duck Prime Minister = Replace me in UK sir, dammit!
5. Britain's Labour Party Leader' = Tony Blair (rated a superb liar)
6. Labour Party Conference' gives = Unenforceable Tory crap
And my own personal favourites...
Iain Dale conservative blogger = Loveable deviancies garroting
Iain Dale's political diary = Idyllic, idealist paranoia
Now, remember, this is meant to be a bit of fun, so let's not have any po-faced mutterings about not being politically correct. Because you know, I just do. not. care! Hat=tip to www.anagramgenius.com
UPDATE: Guido has helpefully pointed out that some of these are, er , not actually anagrams, despite appearing on the Anagram site. Hey ho. Still quite funny though...