Thursday, February 16, 2006

Attenshun! Stand by Your Beds!

Further to my piece BELOW about David Davis, I am delighted to see from The Times that he is taking me at my word. DD conducted yesterday morning's strategy meeting while William Hague prepared for Prime Minister's Questions, opening the session with a joke."I become leader at four o'clock and you'll all be wearing ties by five," he told Mr Cameron's casually dressed team. I suspect the sound of nervous laughter echoed round the room...

3 comments:

Alfie said...

What a great performer William Hague is. He was very good I thought in yesterday's PMQs. (especially the little dig about all 3 of the major parties having stand in leaders).

Worst performer and worst question of the session must go to my very own MP, Rosie Cooper, the honourable Labour lapdog member for West Lancashire. She's a right old sycophant, always toes the Blair line and is as much use as a cardboard box. She got up yesterday and asked Blair a real dullard question about bus routes and timetables in her constituency...... Blair did well to supress a yawn.

I wouldn't mind but a brand new hospital in her constituency has been virtually shut down - and the principle market town in the area has just had a very long awaited by-pass kaiboshed by the moronic child of Prescott, the NW Regional Assemblythese are the big deals in this neck of the woods, not a bloody bus timetable.

Andrew Neill also condemned the question as being such an awful waste of a PMQ process.

Guido Fawkes said...

Let it go...

Anonymous said...

Were you hoping to replace Ed Llewellyn as Chief of Staff whilst DD is in charge?