Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ming the Merciless Meets Petronella

Just what are we to make of the latest LibDem leadership poll from YouGov, which indicates that Simon Hughes is now way ahead among LibDem supporters? Their last poll, among LibDem members, put Chris Huhne ahead. But among voters overall, Ming Campbell is marginally the most popular. I think in all probability it is just too close to call. I still think it is between Huhne and Campbell, but both have somehow failed to inspire even their own supporters. There's an hilarious interview with Ming in the Mail on Sunday Review Section today. Quite what posessed him to allow himself to share a sofa with Petronella Wyatt I really don't know. Here are the last few lines for your delectation...
"Do you think I'm boring, or too serious? " he demands. "No, no, not at
all. But I imagine that sleeping with you would be a bit like sleeping with the
Pope." Ming nearly chokes. "Thank you. I must go now. It's been very nice to
meet you."


Hilarious, is not the word for it. Coming next week. Simon Heffer interviews Simon Hughes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i warned you Hughes would win...