Thursday, February 01, 2007

Back in the Groove: January Was Second Best Month on This Blog

January traffic was a massive 31% up on December 171,980 unique visitors, making January the second best ever month. July 2006 remains the top month ever with 176,000 hits (during the Prescott scandal). Page impressions were also up 29% at 295,964. Here are my top 44 linking sites (ie incoming hits) for December. All these sites referred at least 100 people here. The arrows denote whether a site has moved up or down or stayed static since December...

1. Guido Fawkes 17.08% ↑ 2. ConservativeHome 9.79% ↓ 3. PoliticalBetting 5.61% ↔ 4. Daniel Finkelstein 1.86% ↑ 5. Biased BBC ↑ 6. Blairwatch ↔ 7. Paul Linford ↑ 8. Witanagemot ↑ 9. Croydonian ↓ 10. Dizzy Thinks ↑ 11. Devil's Kitchen ↓ 12. Campaign for an English Parliament ↔ 13. An Englishman's Castle ↓ 14. Prague Tory ↓ 15. Mikey's Tent of Reality NEW 16. LibDem Voice NEW 17. Web Cameron ↑ 18. Archbishop Cranmer ↓ 19. Bob Piper NEW 20. Tim Worstall NEW 21. Daily Pundit ↓ 22. Bloggerheads NEW 23. Cally’s Kitchen ↔ 24. Adam Smith Institute ↓ 25. A Conservative's Blog NEW 26. Peter Black NEW 27. Ellee Seymour ↑ 28. Tory Radio ↓ 29. Suz Blog NEW 30. Ach Gut NEW 31. Justin Hinchcliffe NEW 32. The Spine NEW 33. Mars Hill NEW 34. Democracy Forum NEW 35. Kris's Stoke Newington NEW 36. Luke Akehurst NEW 37. Political Hack NEW 38. Political Opinions NEW 39. Hoby Cartoons NEW 40. Burning Our Money NEW 41. Rightlinks NEW 42. Coming Out From Under NEW 43. Public Interest ↓ 44. Coming Out From Under

Dropping out of the Top linkers are... National Review Corner, Andrew Sullivan, W4MP, Tim Blair and Norfolk Blogger

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off at a tangent: I'd love to know how visitors and page impressions are measured. I know that I visit several times a day and I'm sure I'm not the only one, is this taken into account?

Anonymous said...

I think that this rise is probably indicative of yet another uptick in the public's interest in political blogs. Anecdotally, most bloggers of my acquaintance are increasing their traffic and the use of blogs by councillors and activists seems to be rising all the time. Young conservatives in particular seem to be using their blogs to network and organise as demonstrated by the massive CF leafletting effort in Hammersmith.

Anonymous said...

No P the rise is due the fact Iains Blog is back on form . I can`t see why I don`t appear , just my own posts are far more than many mentioned ?

"mad " though I may be

Anonymous said...

Sorry if that came across as churlish. Well done Iain. You have had a splendid month.

Anonymous said...

Well, Tracey Temple is back at work, Prezza is 'demob happy' [although I think he said 'happay demob' - you could have a word and, ahem, ask him to 'help your website traffic figures'

Anonymous said...

Good to see ConservativeHome down. It should be renamed UKIPHome.

Anonymous said...

as demonstrated by the massive CF leafletting effort in Hammersmith

No CF leafletting campaign in my bit of Hammersmith! The blitzkrieg leafletting was all organised and undertaken by my dedicated campaign team. Maybe if CF had helped I could have secured another 9 votes...

Anonymous said...

Sorry you missed out Ed. In January, 27,000 leaflets were delivered in one day at this event. Pretty impressive I thought.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't belittling the effort, just rueing that none of their leaflets came my way. Not for me to question a very successful strategy!

Anonymous said...

Praguetory you are making good sense here .The power of blogs has linked the sparsely polulated Islington Conservatives with our neighbours in Tottenham ( Justin and crew). It has even helped me a bit.

Politics could go back to being about what we want again. Let us hope Iian gets into Parlioaemnt and drives the process with feedback