Saturday, September 06, 2008

Total Politics at the Party Conferences


Click on the image to enlarge

This weekend has seen the start of the Party Conference season, with the Green Party conference in London and UKIP in Bournemouth. On Monday the TUC get underway in Brighton, followed by the three main party conferences. My magazine, Total Politics, is having a stand at the Green, TUC, LibDem, Labour & Conservative conferences and we hope you'll come and say hello as well as pick up a copy of our special conference issue and a copy of the Guide to Blogging. We will be going to Plaid and the SNP in the Spring, in case they are feeling left out!

We're sponsoring or supporting fringe meetings at each of the three main conferences. Click on the image above for details, and the location of our exhibition stand at each event. I'll be on the stand some of the time, but my colleagues, led by Emily, will be there all the time. They do get a bit lonely, so do come and say hello!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did UKIP say something to upset you?

Iain Dale said...

A fair question. UKIP and the Greens have their conferences on the same days. We only have one exhibition stand. Our exhibition organiser Emily is a Green Party member. Decision made!

We will be attending a future UKIP conference though.

Andy said...

I thought this blog wasn't going to become the defacto blogging arm of TotalPolitics? Every second story.....

Iain Dale said...

Andy, that's rubbish and you know it. Count up how many stories I did yesterday and how many of them were about Total Politics. That's right, 12 and 1.

Am I not allowed to advertise fringe meetings I am chairing on my own blog? Funny old world.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on attending so many conferences. I go to the three main ones for work, and know how much work it all is.

I hope you have a good conference season, and I look forward to dropping by the stand... btw, are those blogging guides free?

Iain Dale said...

Stuart, come by the stand and find out!

Unknown said...

The Plaid conference is not in the spring, its 11-13 September 2008 at Aberystwyth.

Iain Dale said...

Yes, but they als have one in the Spring, which we will be attending.

Unknown said...

I shall add a note to my diary.

I admire your courage, count your fingers as you leave the Spring event.

Anonymous said...

Iain, I know this is a bit embarrassing to mention, but can you let the David Davis 'thing' go now please?
Following the nonsense of recent months, he frankly has VERY little to contribute to political debate anymore. His very name makes people cry with laughter at CCO.
no amount of resucitation by you will revive this particular patient.
Did you have any pets as a kid? sometimes they get 'poorly' and there comes a time when it kinder to just let them 'go'. It's hard I know but in Davis' case, please try?