Tom Watson MP writes on his BLOG today... "One day I’ll tell you the whole story about my reasons for choosing to leave government."
I'm sure his readers are salivating in anticipation as am I. However, I thought it was fairly clear as to why he "left". Wasn't the sequence of events something like this...
1. Watson organises group of junior Ministers & PPSs to call on Blair to quit
2. Watson drives to Fife to tell Gordon Brown
3. Watson drives back to the West Midlands having accomplished mission
4. Letter is sent to Blair
5. Letter is leaked to press
6. Brown displays typical cowardice and denies all knowledge
7. Whips very angry
8. Whips tell Watson to fall on his sword
9. Watson falls on his sword
10. Watson becomes first Minister to resign to spend more time with his blog
Or am I wrong? Only Tom can tell us...