Sunday, December 31, 2006

To Those Who BlogScratched Me in 2006, I Salute You!

When I restarted this blog a year ago, I never dreamed it would attract so many readers. So this is to say thank you to everyone who has read the blog and left comments over the last twelve months. The blog has had an unbelievable 2.2 million visits and 1.28 million unique visitors in 2006. And an especially big thank you to all the blogs who link to me - not just in their blogrolls but when they pick up my comments or stories. There's never been a better time to indulge in a bit of blogscratching! These are the blogs who have blogscratched me more than 1,000 times during 2006. I salute them!

UPDATE: As Dizzy points out in the Comments what I really mean is that more than 1,000 people have come to this blog via those listed here. Clear? Thought not.


1. Guido Fawkes 54,880
5. Nick Robinson 3,960
6. Biased BBC 3,955
8. Paul Linford 2,740
10. Arseblog 2,307
11. Liberal England 2,081
13. Witanagemot 1,909
14. EU Referendum 1,849
15. Rightlinks 1,837
16. Recess Monkey 1,768
17. Croydonian 1,763
20. WebCameron 1,483
21. Stephen Pollard 1,316
22. Public Interest 1,274
23. Bob Piper 1,211
25. Prague Tory 1,116
26. Clive Davis 1,037

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian - how about a full text RSS feed for 2007?!

Anonymous said...

How is a scratch defined here Iain? If someone scratched you over 4000 times in a year that implies they linked to your stories/posts multiple times a day doesn't it?

Iain Dale said...

Dave, No.

Archbishop Cranmer said...

Blessing to you, Mr Dale, and a Happy New Year!

Paul Burgin said...

All the best for 2007 Iain
(apart from anything you are involved in that benefits the Conservatives (obviously) ;) ) and congratulations for picking up the rugby ball that is 18 Doughty Street and running with it

Jonathan Calder said...

As mine is the only blog without a link...

Liberal England

Anonymous said...

Glad to help out!
All the best for 2007

Praguetory said...

Just done the stats and it appears that I got more traffic from you than vice-versa. Simply said, you're a born winner, Iain! I hope you get a marginal in 2007 and kick some proverbial.

Anonymous said...

"So this is to say thank you to everyone who has read the blog and left comments over the last twelve months."

Well thank you, Iain. Glad you appreciate all my comments.

Anonymous said...

And I am pathetically grateful for the 8 visitors who came to visit my blog from yours. You still came third. You also did better than me, as I sent you 13 visitors (although some of those might have been me testing links).

Am banking on an explosion of interest in my blog in 2007...

Andrew Ian Dodge said...

I am disappointed we don't send you more hits Iain. Will try harder this year. I do, however, suspect we share a lot of readers.

Iain Dale said...

Jonathan, Apologies. Now rectified. I can assure you it was an oversight!

Anonymous said...

How piquant that there were so many scratches from Arseblog.

Happy New Year Iain. Keep up the good work.