Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Happy Christmas To You All

I'm spending Christmas at my parents near Saffron Walden in Essex. Today I went into the town to do a bit of last minute shopping. It was a bit like the movie Back to the Future. I went into a menswear shop which I used to get my school uniform from to find that the three staff there were the same people that were there thiry years ago - they just looked rather older, as do I! Indeed, one of them was at school with me and we had one of those awkward moments when neither of us wanted to acknowledge the fact. Anyway, I bought several very colourful ties - made a change from school uniform. This evening has been spent wrapping up presents, something I hate doing it, largely because I am totally useless at it. Never was so much paper wasted...

Anyway, this will probably be the last blog post until Wednesday. Even I am not sad enough to blog much on Christmas Day, and Boxing Day will be spent largely at West Ham and visiting friends in East Sussex.

A very merry Christmas to everyone who has been a loyal reader of this blog during 2006. It's been quite a year, hasn't it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Iain, Hopefully you will get a decent seat in the new year !

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mr D.

Help smooth the revolution along next year :D

Tim Roll-Pickering said...

Merry Christmas Iain!

Anonymous said...

I am sad enough to read your blog at 7.20 on Christmas morning!!

A happy and peaceful Christmas to one and all. Now getting the house ready for the invasion by my Grand daughter .

Anonymous said...

Oh God! What am I going to read until Wednesday.

Happy Christmas Ian and warm congratulations on your role in 18 Doughty Street, which seems to have got off to a flying start.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You'll have to come and live in Italy, Ian. All year round the shops will gift-wrap for you at no charge and at Christmas even the supermarkets will do it. Buon Natale from Sicily.

Anonymous said...

Dale in Holidays for Honours Row.
It appears that Iain Dale is offering the (rather doubtful) honour of a mention on his blog in return for free board and lodging over the Christmas period.