Friday, December 29, 2006

End of the Year Awards - The Political Results

SHADOW CABINET MINISTER OF THE YEAR (649 votes)
1. David Davis 25%
2. William Hague 20%
3. George Osborne 10%
4. Theresa Villers 7%
5. Alan Duncan 7%
CABINET MINISTER OF THE YEAR (598 votes)
1. Hilary Benn 23%
2. John Prescott 19%
3. John Reid 15%
4. Jack Straw 8%
5. John Hutton 4%
= Hazel Blears 4%
CONSERVATIVE MP OF THE YEAR (448 votes)
1. Iain Duncan Smith 22%
3. Jeremy Hunt 13%
4. Michael Gove 9%
5. Sir Peter Tapsell 7%
LIBDEM MP OF THE YEAR (718 votes)
1. Lembit Opik 28%
2. Mark Oaten 17%
3. Nick Clegg 14%
4. Chris Huhne 11%
5. Vince Cable 4%
RIGHT WING BLOG OF THE YEAR (574 votes)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Lembit wins it for shagging a Cheeky Girl... says it all about politics as it does for Prezza coming (sic) second.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, so you think some of those votes might have been ironic?

David Davis, William Hague and Anne Widdicombe deserved their high placings.

Praguetory said...

At risk of stating the obvious, this is a Conservative blog. I credited Prezza with an excellent contribution to the Tory cause last year. Didn't Clare Short get the nod for DPM in a Dale poll shortly before she resigned.

Trixy said...

Wow! Third! I'd like to thank my agent, my family and all of my loved ones; I like to... oh, stuff it. Can I kill Polly yet?

DK

uk-events said...

Hardly a vintage year, is it? What happened to real politicians, they all die to be replaced by the above list of cretinous nobodies?

Anonymous said...

Fifth huh cheers to whoever voted for me?

As an aside, I hope EU Referendum get's a web designer to sort their template out in the new year. I can't actually read it because the way it look offends me so much. I'd really like to read it as well.

Praguetory said...

Congrats to the top 6 right-wing bloggers of the year (I'm including you Iain). Interesting that card-carrying Conservative bloggers got less than 50% of the vote. I don't know what political point can be made, but I imagine that Labour Party members would utterly dominate a left wing bloggers poll. In fact, why don't you run a left-wingers blogging poll, Iain?