Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tony Banks Has Died

Just heard that Tony Banks has died. Such a shame. One memory of him is that he seemed to be a permanent fixture in the Pugin Room in the House of Commons. Whenever I went in there he was sat with a bevvy of blondes and a bottle of champagne. He was very helpful to me when Politico's started and we'd exchange notes about various items of political memorabilia. I remember asking him to be one of the speakers when we opened Politico's but there were so many people there he couldn't get in. Instead, he stuck his tongue out at the window. Class. We'll miss him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about his death - he was a character, a one-off and I so enjoyed meeting him at parties - always witty and charming. I shall raise a glass of champagne to his memory.