Saturday, January 07, 2006

Another Deluded LibDem

So Ming Campbell is first out of the traps, to be possibly closely followed by - now wait for this, er, John Hemming. How deluded can you get? I quote from his Blog:- "I have always said that it is a job that I was interested in doing at some stage.I am currently in the process of taking soundings as to whether or not I should stand. There are quite a few people in Birmingham who are quite enthusiastic about that idea." John Hemming used to lead the LibDems on Birmingham City Council and has, how shall I put it, a colourful private life. Just what the LibDems need, I would have thought! This sad, deluded adulterer obviously doesn't realise he needs 7 MP nominations in order to be able to stand.

2 comments:

arewenearlythereyet said...

Hemming obivously hasn't taken his tablets today. He also 'should have gone to Specsavers'.

http://awnty.blogspot.com

Aidan said...

I'd agree that it's highly unlikely he'd get to run but maybe he's had 7 people tell him that he ought to run. That, of course, doesn't mean he'll be able to get 7 names though. I took his comments to mean however that he wants to make sure that there'll be a race rather than just a coronation of Menzies.