Thursday, January 05, 2006

Like a Lamb to the Slaughter?

Imagine you're a LibDem MP. I know, I know, but bear with me. Imagine you're a senior member of Charles Kennedy's Shadow Cabinet. Imagine you had spent 18 months as his PPS. You're therefore party to all the guilty secrets. Imagine that you had signed a never-to-be-sent letter withdrawing your confidence from your leader and that fact had just been leaked to the BBC. Imagine that your leader then bared his soul to the nation. What in God's name would then possess you to then be interviewed on both ITV News and by Paxo on Newsnight? Why would you want to be interviewed even when you had absolutely nothing of note to say? That is the question I have been pondering for the last hour. What on earth is Norman Lamb's game? And then it hit me. He's upping his media profile on the offchance, just that slightest offchance, that he could get the seven signatures required to stand. I may be wrong, but if I'm not, maybe I should be registering www.normanlambforleader.com ? Maybe I could profer some advice on How to Run a Leadership campaign? But then again, maybe not. Just imagine...

No comments: