Saturday, October 07, 2006

September Figures for Iain Dale's Diary

September was a record month on the blog with 325,010 page downloads and just over 171,000 unique visitors (July was the best month with 176,000).



Here are my top 50 link sites (ie incoming hits) for September. All thes sites referred at least 100 people here. The arrows denote whether a site has moved up or down or stayed static since July.

1. Guido Fawkes 18.32% ↔
2. ConservativeHome 8.85% ↔
3. PoliticalBetting 7.02% ↔
4. Daniel Finkelstein 1.97% New entry
5. National Review Corner 1.72% ↑
6. Recess Monkey 1.09% ↑
7. Blairwatch
9. An Englishman's Castle
10. Paul Linford
11. EU Referendum
12. David Cameron in India New Entry
13. Prague Tory
14. Croydonian
15. NHS Blog Doctor New Entry
16. Injured Cyclist
17. Liberal England
18. Clive Davis
19. Mikey's Tent of Reality
20. Rightlinks
21. Bob Piper
22. Bloggerheads New Entry
23. Cynical Chatter New Entry
24. Dizzy Thinks New Entry
25. Witanagemot
26. Web Cameron New Entry
27. Public Interest
28. Mr Eugenides
29. Drinking from Home
30. Archbishop Cranmer
31. W4MP
32. Rachel North London
33. Ellee Seymour New Entry
34. Mars Hill
35. Daily Pundit
36. Campaign for an English Parliament New Entry
37. Harry’s Place New Entry
38. Tim Worstall New Entry
39. The Spine
40. Fair Deal Phil New Entry
41. Chicken Yoghurt
42. Looking for a Voice New Entry
43. Bel is Thinking New Entry
44. Slugger O’Toole New Entry
45. Kiwiblog New Entry
46. Cally’s Kitchen
47. Stumbling & Mumbling
48. Suz Blog New Entry
49. Labour Watch New Entry
50. Iain Lindley New Entry

Dropping out of the chart this month are Arseblog, Little Green Footballs, Luke Young, Stephen Pollard, Tory Radio and Nick Robinson.

UPDATE: If I've got any of these links wrong, let me know in Comments.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me think I might shove a link and banner from one of my sites...but then I'd lose income from banners...

We'll see...

Anonymous said...

Your blog doesn't come up on my Firefox browser at all at the moment and hasn't since about Wednesday. All I get is a blank white page.

I thought the whole blog was down until I decided to check on Internet Explorer, where it's fine.

My Firefox version is 1.5.07

Joey B said...

Why are only some of these hotlinks and not others?

Anonymous said...

So Nick Robinson drops out the top 50. hardly suprising.

When the news isn't clean and the BBC has to sanitise it he has nothing so say.

James Higham said...

Stephen's only out because of the Jewish holidays.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I have posted more than anyone in the last month ?

Anonymous said...

A mention without the link is no bloody use whatsoever! But then that's a bit like the Shadow Cabinet - you wonder what their use is for....

What rhyme or reason is there to those who have a link and those who don't?

(from an anonymous blogger that was mentioned!)

Praguetory said...

At no 13 is Praguetory - A regular blogger who was lucky enough to be at Conference from day one.

Anonymous said...

'
7:15pm Anon ".. Your blog doesn't come up on my Firefox browser ..."

It could be that the Firefox server is temporarily down !!??

Have you tried :

1. the Reload (or Refresh) button (on my Apple-mac - right click your mouse on the right of the page)

2. alternatively, Restart your Computer

Apologies for being so Computer illiterate !!

Praguetory said...

Mongchacha - I hate to discourage anyone from joining, but having visited your site, I think you should think carefully... garden path etc. PS - I wasn't the anon complaining about not getting linked.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Your blog doesn't come up on my Firefox browser at all at the moment and hasn't since about Wednesday. All I get is a blank white page.

I thought the whole blog was down until I decided to check on Internet Explorer, where it's fine.

My Firefox version is 1.5.07


No problem for me and I'm running the same version.

Guido Fawkes said...

339,672 hits, 236,868 uniques...

Andrew said...

Hi Iain, Biased BBC is at biased-bbc.blogspot.com - the URL you've used is a very old (and broken) one.

Also, if your figures are right, 2.66%, shouldn't B-BBC be at no. 4 on your list?

Lastly, could 'shotgun' please replace his animated (gr)avatar with something a little more family-safe please? He may be a wanker, but does he need to advertise it thus?

Anonymous said...

Regarding the problem with Firefox, it really does need fixing. I've already sent a bug report to Mozilla, but all investigations up to now have found nothing wrong. I discovered by chance that after the page has initially loaded you may find that it has not been updated automatically and you may think Ian has been on holiday. By hitting the 'refresh' button it normally corrects itself.

For me at least this is the only site that I regularly visit where I have this problem and it may have something to do with it not being set up for multiple browsers.

Anonymous said...

It's http://blog.iainlindley.com/. Cheers. :)

Andrew said...

Hi Iain, Your link to Biased BBC says 'Blairwatch' in the text - shurely shome mistake :-)