Monday, November 08, 2010

On My LBC Show From 7pm...



On my LBC show tonight from 7...

7.10pm The protesters have returned to Parliament Square: the government says it's going to bring in new laws: Guests Jonathan Sheppard & Sunny Hundal.

8pm The government has cut a £500,000 grant to the Missing Persons charity: Is this a cut too far?

9pm The LBC Book Club: Guests: Quentin Letts (Letts Rip) and Julia Hobsbawm (Where Truth Lies). Next week: Jeffrey Archer

You can listen to LBC on 97.3 FM in Greater London, DAB Radio in the Midlands, parts of the North & North West, Glasgow & Edinburgh, Sky Channel 0124, Virgin Media Channel 973 or stream live at lbc.co.uk

To take part in the programme call 0845 60 60 973, text 84850, Email iain AT lbc DOT co DOT uk or tweet @lbc973

If you miss the programme and want to download it as a podcast (minus the ads!) click HERE. There is a £2 monthly charge but you have access to the entire LBC archive and schedule.

4 comments:

Thorpe said...

I have not been able to listen to your LBC show to date (rural northern Cambridgeshire and 128K dial up is as good as it gets here), but I'm intrigued between the selection of the Missing Person item for LBC tonight and your earlier blogpost in which you are clearly not in favour of the proposed cut.

Do you choose topics for LBC that are merely in the news or ones in which you have a personal opinion that you wish to promote? I don't mind either way (how could I? I'm not a listener) but it would be useful to know in case I suddenly find myself in receipt of a broadband connection.

Anonymous said...

Quentin Letts is always great fun to listen to. I look forward to his appearance.

Iain Dale said...

Hightory, hope you enjoyed it.

Thorpe. To be honest it's a mixture. It does depend somewhat on the news agenda. This story was in the papers yesterday and no one else had covered it on LBC. I do pick subjects I am interested in, but only if they fit the general format and tone of the programme. But often the programme content is dictated by the main news stories of the day - eg Fire or tube strikes.

Hope you will be able to listen one day. If you have Sky or are on Virgin Media you can listen through your TV.

Thorpe said...

Iain, thank you for your answer. I don't have Sky, simply because I watch about 10 hours of TV a year and for me, the £20 a month sub is not worth it. Virgin Media don't come up the farm track with their fibre optic (and if they read this, they'll work out they won't be getting any of my money either). It's radio all the way for me, except the Sunday Times from the local garage weekly.