Sunday, March 28, 2010

Welcome Back to Thirteen Senses

Once in a blue moon, a new band comes along which literally takes your breath away. Thirteen Senses did that to me a few years ago. They had a very successful first album THE INVITATION. Their second album, CONTACT, released in 2007 was less successful.

They seemed to disappear off the face of the earth, but last night I stumbled across their new album, available for free to listen to on their website. The title track, CRYSTAL SOUNDS is brilliant. Have a listen to the whole thing HERE.

Crystal Sounds - Full Album Stream by ThirteenSenses

Thirteen Senses are from Cornwall, and are apparently the only Cornish band to ever have a top ten hit!

I've always wanted to see them in concert and I thought my luck was in as they are playing in London on 8 June. But typically, I am busy that evening hosting an Ann Widdecombe evening in Chelmsford.

I know most of you consider my musical taste somewhat dodgy - and for good reason. But do yourselves a favour and at least have a listen. If you like Embrace, Athlete, Radiohead or the Killers, you might well like them.

Here's an acoustic version of one of their hits, Follow Me.

9 comments:

Jabba the Cat said...

Who???

Newmania said...

The recommendations of a man whose favourite band is Sparks must be handled with asbestos gloves and goggles

Gregory Spawton said...

Crikey, another Thirteen Senses fan! I've got both of the CD's but was underwhelmed by the second and had no idea there was more to come. Thanks for the tip.

Benny said...

I looooooooved Into The Fire. I heard it when it was on a Big Brother montage a while ago but it's been used in many places.

One of my favourite songs of all time, not heard any other stuff so will take a listen! Cheers.

brian in the tamar valley said...

Also from Cornwall, Iain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOIjd0fBPX0

carrew said...

Good call Ian. Thanks for introducing this band. I'd never heard of them before but they'll be on my ipod very shortly.

cheers

Little Black Sambo said...

They don't sound very Cornish to me.

Tim Grebin said...

Wait a minute... this isn't politics!

Is this a riot? said...

My god, I cant believe I actually agree with Iain Dale on something, never of thought it would be music that brought us together. 13Senses are truly an amazing band and live just brilliant.