Monday, February 01, 2010

Blogpost 10,006...

I knew I'd do this. For some time now, I have been aware that my 10,000th blogpost was approaching. I ought to mark that, I thought. Quite an achievement. Write something really deep and meaningful for a change. Of couse I missed it. It came yesterday and highlighted Rod Liddle's review of Inside Out. Could have been worse. Could have been a Daley Dozen, I suppose.

Anyway, it has been a joy writing 10,000 blogposts. Most of the time. Hope you have enjoyed being along for the ride.

I'm not feeling very inventive today. My mind is more on the football transfer window than the political world... I'm proofreading Paul Flynn's superb autobiography which Biteback are publishing later this month, but I have one ear listening to Sky Sports News...

11 comments:

Max Atkinson said...

Congratulations!

I thought I was doing OK getting as far as two posts away from my 400th (http://bit.ly/6uAYh) until I read this - which has made me realise that I'm unlikely to live long enough to reach my 10,000!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the ,errr, 10006th blog post Iain.

Plenty said...

Congratulations on a great blog...

And on a fotball/politics note, maybe Gordon should be taking pointers from Sir Alex, great football yesterday at the Emirates, eh?

brian in the tamar valley said...

Congratulations Iain on breaking the 10.000 barrier - a great achievement!

I know that you keep an eye on a lot of other blogs but I wonder if you have visited Heather Brooke's 'Your Right to Know' recently. She has a couple of very interesting pieces from last Friday under the titles "Bad-mouthing FOI" and "When Brooke met Brooker". You might want to do a blogpost on one of them perhaps or include in your 'Daley Dozen'. Not that I'm telling you what to do but thought you might be interested!

Fascinating to think that if it wasn't for her the MPs expenses furore wouldn't have exploded as it did. It demonstrates how the doggedness of just one individual can still massively change things!

Unsworth said...

Well done, and thank you.

Dick Puddlecote said...

The 6 were good. ;-)

Congrats, really.

Conand said...

Quite a milestone. Congrats.

This isn't a day for sound bites but:

Harriet Harman USED TO HAVE a posh voice.

The Grim Reaper said...

Let's see... 10,006 posts over roughly 6 years of writing this blog. 1 year has 365 days, so 8 years would be 2920 days. Add on 2 extra days to allow for leap years and...

You make an average of 3.42 posts per day. Which makes me wonder - how the hell do you do it, Iain?

Hythlodaeus said...

10,006 post and still on such a shoddy piece of blogging software? I'm astounded.

Congratulations are, however, appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - another 10,000 please!

Weird stuff with your Vodaphone... no thoughts on that I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - another 10,000 please!

Weird stuff with your Vodaphone... no thoughts on that I'm afraid.