Friday, January 04, 2008

Iowa TV Coverage & Blogs

I'm watching Fox News coverage of the Iowa Caucuses. Interestingly in the 30 minutes I have been watching they have had a five minute section on what the blogs are saying with an interview with two bloggers, followed by an interview with Huckabee campaign manager Ed Rollins which was dominated by questioning about what had appeared on a blog about an overheard conversation about campaign strategy. In this half hour we see why blogging in the US is indeed (despite what Dizzy says) more influential than blogging in this country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am quite delighted with the results from Iowa. I have to admit, though, that the chief source of my pleasure is the discomfiture of the BBC (and Justin Webb in particular) at the fact that the Americans have ignored the BBC's fave candidate AGAIN. Gracious me! When will these rednecks learn that they should have followed the Beeb and returned Hilary for the Dems? Honestly, pearls before swine.

dizzy said...

Hmm I didn't sday that blogging couldn't be influential in the UK when compared with the US. I said that the two political culture are so diffierent that trying to make comparison with America and say "that is where we should be" is missing the point of our difference.