Wednesday, January 24, 2007

How Very Unprofessional...

There comes a moment when you're broadcasting live when you have to maintain your composure. Here's one of those moments when I totally lose it. And all because Simon Clark of FOREST quoted Dizzy's blog and called Transport Minister Stephen Ladyman, Stephen Ladyboy. From such small things come three minutes of classic 'corpsing'.

Click on this link http://www.18doughtystreet.com/on_demand/60

PS Apologies for the lack of formatting, pictures and links. Blogger still won't let me do anything apart from posting text.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The words 'slip' and 'Freudian' spring to mind.

Absolute classic.

Anonymous said...

sadly my blog (on beta) is fubar right now but it wasn't a Freudian slip on Simon Clark's part.

I'm puerile and childish you see and can't help but call him Stephen Ladyboy whenever I write about him.

As you can imagine I feel tremendously guilty and ashamed. From now on I shall refer to him as the Minister for Thai Affairs instead, which is equally amusing, but slightly wittier.

Anonymous said...

Very funny - a quick adlib to follow shows it was done in the best possible taste.

Anonymous said...

Look he may be a bit of a Blairite but I know Stephen L. I think you ought apologize. This sort of thing can get you into trouble.

(It wasn't as funny as the Brian Johnston "leg-over" sketch)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, posted this in the wrong comments. Here's your link:

18 Doughty Street crackup...god wants you to switch to Wordpress, Iain

Anonymous said...

for posting pictures just use the "img src" html tag.


< img src = "http://photos1.blogger.com/img/90/1404/1024/kelly.jpg" >

(but get rid of the spaces - i had to put them in to post this comment)

Curly said...

I'm just waiting for a link to YouTube so we can all send the piece viral!

Anonymous said...

If someone were to email me the MP4 file, I could put it up on YouTube in minutes. I hope and believe that Iain understands these things better than webcameron, ferinstance, who got YouTube to stomp on me when I tried to do that for them.