Friday, November 12, 2004

Visit to the N&N

Well if I ever needed convincing that we need an expanded Cromer Hospital (and I didn't!) I don't now. I had an apointment to meet David Prior at the Norwich & Norfolk (for the unitiated, David was Conservative MP for North Norfolk 1997-2001 and is now chairman of the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital Trust) at 9am. I left Swanton Abbott at 7.45 so for once in my life I could arrive early for a meeting. Guess what time I got there... 9.25. Unbelievable. Get that Northern Distributor road built now! David took me on a tour of the hospital. I hadn't been before so it was quite an eye opener. He obviously gets round the place quite a lot as all the staff knew him well. It's great news that eight renal dialysis machines are being installed at Cromer soon. Had lunch in a pub in Aylmerton - the Roman Camp, a real find.

No comments: