Friday, May 05, 2006

Labour Councillor Bob Piper Rips into Blair

Bob Piper is a Labour Councillor in Sandwell. He's a regular contributor to this Blog and the two of us enjoy winding each other up. Last night he retained his Council seat. Read what he says on his BLOG about it...

I'd like to thank my Liberal Democrat opponent... but I'm not going to. The lazy-arsed swine never did a thing. No leaflets, posters, canvassing... didn't even bother to come to the count. But I suppose they performed a democratic function in giving my anti-war vote somewhere to put their cross. I'd like to thank the Labour Party Front Bench... but I'm not going to do that either. They were a total bloody shambles, and as someone said in my comments column... 'a fish rots from the head'. It is time for Blair (and Blairism) to get off the stage. The people have spoken, go before they start to scream. We have seen some good Labour candidates defeated yesterday, and they didn't deserve to be stabbed in the back by their own party. If the opposition were not so deeply mistrusted, it could have been much worse. The bigger fear is that Cameron is giving the right no outlet as he imitates Blair, and the knuckledraggers are the biggest gainers there.Last... but by no means least, I reserve a giant thank you to the 1591 people who voted for me to continue to represent them on behalf of the Labour Party. You deserve better from your Government."

I should watch out, Bob. They'll start to trash you soon and rip up your membership card. Although it seems you're well on the way to doing that yourself!

3 comments:

Alfie said...

I feel sorry for Bob - it's not easy having to join the ranks of the BLS. (Betrayed Labour Supporters)...

But I bet he feels all the better for it.

Bob Piper said...

Pular... they are to be commended for their good taste.

Bob Piper said...

That's what they said last time... and the time before. Keep 'em coming. Joe Louis used to have 'a bum of the month'. I have to wait longer to bash my opponents into submission.