Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Two Davids - It's the Way They Tell 'Em

And in a packed programme tonight... The Sunday Telegraph relates a conversation with David Davis this week. Asked about his views on the new Home Secretary John Reid, he said: "I don't hate Reid and his colleagues. I think that would be quite the wrong word. I want to kill them." Well I assume he was joking! Last night I could have cheerfully strangled DD myself when he called to gloat over West Ham losing. I'd like to tell you what I said, but this is a family Blog.

The Observer's Cristina Odone reports on a very funny joke David Cameron told at a dinner his week at the Blue Ribbon dinner organised by the Conservative Women's Organisation. This is how it went: "I asked my wife the other night what it was like to go to bed witrh the 92nd sexiest man in Britain. Sam blushed and looked coyly at her shoes and then said: "Look, it was a long time ago and I'd rather not talk about it now."

It's goodnight from David, and goodnight from Dave!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DC's joke could be taken to mean that they rarely sleep with each other...

Anonymous said...

I think there's a lot to be said for a man who doesn't take himself too seriously - and a sense of humour is very attractive!

Sabretache said...

Gave me quite a chuckle that one. Self-deprecating and striking lots of subtle little chords.

If he can maintain the image it conveys with Joe public he'll be readily forgiven the odd gaff here and there.

Anonymous said...

Think DC might be taking lessons from Portillo - he told the same joke at the B&W ball, and has rolled it out since a few times. I think I heard Portillo tell the lighthouse joke aout ten times as well.....