Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Is This the Best Run Government Department?



Word on the street in Whitehall is that the Cabinet Office is the best run Department of Government. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. It hasn't had a Cabinet Minister since November. The maxim 'less government means better government' seems to be proving itself yet again. But Mr Blair is about to ruin it and appoint a replacement to David Miliband. But at least I can console myself in that it is likely to be my favourite little chipmunk Hazel Blears. Bless her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hazel Blears would be a far lesser evil than Beverley Hughes.

Gregor said...

Am I the only one who wants to poke out my eyes and listen to an overly loud Walkman whenever she appears on the telly? Is irrational hatred of mid ranking Labour apparatchiks normal?

Mike D said...

Cabinet Secretary is the only job any of these top civil servants want- both Sir John Gieve (of Home Office debacle fame) and Sir David Normington (of...er, Home Office debacle fame) applied for and failed to get it.