Sunday, April 02, 2006

Jamie Oliver Takes the P**s

Atticus in the Sunday Times reports a charming tale of Jamie Oliver receiving his award for 'Outstanding Achievement (shurely shome mishtake) at the British Book awards this week. Accepting the award he said: "I'd love to be profound, but I'm gagging for a piss". Jamie Oliver strikes me as just the sort of person who wouldn't bother to wash his hands afterwards! And to think, I've eaten many a meal in his parents' pub, The Cricketers, near Saffron Walden. I do hope he wasn't 'helping out' in the kitchen!

PS For those with a sense of humour failure, like the first person in the Comments Section, this is a JOKE. What is it with some people?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apart from possibly being actionable, I thought your comments on Jamie somewhat unfair.
On his TV series "15", training raw beginners to work in his new restaurant of the same name, he was unrelentingly fastidious as regards all aspects of personal and food hygiene - I think you'd be well advised to get an apology in quickly!