Something doesn't quite add up about this cannabis discovery at John Reid's house. The media seem to have completely swallowed Reid's explanation. I'm at somewhat of a loss to explain the total absence of any comment or questioning from either the Conservatives or the Liberal Democrats so far. Here are some questions Dr Fox might consider posing...
1. How often do security sweeps take place at Dr Reid's home?
2. What kind of dogs are used?
3. How was the cannabis discovered? Did a dog discover it, or were they rifling through drawers?
4. If it had been there for "up to 20 years", why was it not discovered on previous sweeps?
5. If this amount of cannabis was discovered in the quarters of a serving soldier, what disciplinary procedure would then be put in place?
Dr Reid should be grateful that the media's attention is on Messers Prescott and Clarke today.