Friday, March 10, 2006

Jimmy Corkhill MP At Your Service

Spotted…Scouse actor Dean Sullivan who played loveable scally Jimmy Corkhill in Brookside (RIP) supping in The Red Lion on Thursday afternoon. My spies tell me that he had recently emerged from the Palace of Westminster. The mind boggles! Sullivan's character in Brookside was a petty drug dealer who, upon his release from prison, became a teacher with the help of fake certificates. A diehard leftie, perhaps he's angling for a safe Labour seat! He'd fit in rather well.

6 comments:

Bob Piper said...

Behave!

Iain Dale said...

Sorry Bob, couldn't resist. Will try to restrain myself next time...

Jonathan Sheppard said...

not sure Labour like die hard lefties anymore.... maybe he was seeing the Lib Dems1

Paul Linford said...

Maybe he was doing a few lines of coke with the Tory front bench? (I bet Iain won't let this one through.)

Anonymous said...

Iain,

Wrong thread, but ...

I don't have TV, so my weekly political broadcast panel show thingmy is Any Questions on Radio 4.

I'd be curious to read your comments on this programme. Any chance for we radio listeners?

M

Iain Dale said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.