Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Weakness of Radio 5 Live

The weakness of Radio 5 Live and their dilemma of how to mix news and sport was amply demonstrated today. Instead of having their usual hour discussing PMQs and other political issues of the day, they are at the racing at Cheltenham. This of all days. And I hate racing. So I am reduced to listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2. I don't really like the programme as it's neither one thing nor the other. My partner, however, swears by it. "At least unlike Radio 5 they don't have women trying to sound like men on it," came the retort. Radio 5 isn't known as Radio Bloke for nothing, I suppose!

3 comments:

Serf said...

Listen to www.toryradio.com instead :)

esbonio said...

Why don't they use one channel for sport and leave thr rest free?

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with Radio 4?