Monday, May 21, 2007

A Message from Arsembly

Yesterday evening I questioned why the ARSEMBLY blog had disappeared. It hit the Welsh blogosphere with a bang and rapidly developed into a sort of Welsh Guido Fawkes. I emailed Arsembly (I still don't know his identity) and he explained he was giving up his blog and has asked me to publish the following explanation...

Over the last few months Arsembly has grabbed the Welsh political
establishment by the balls. In a short space of time it became Wales's number
one political blog. I always wanted to go out on a high, leaving the public
wanting more – and I have done just that. Happily for me, I am no longer working
in or around Welsh politics, but that does mean the blog would have been
difficult to keep up. It's been a hugely enjoyable few months, thank you to all
my readers, and particularly my anonymous sources, without whom this would not
have been possible. Rest assured your identities will be protected. Arsembly
hasn't been deleted, and I will no doubt return to it sometime in the future. In
the meantime, I will continue to voice my opinion on the goings-on in Welsh
politics in the comment sections of other blogs.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it had cleared off to Ireland along with Guido . . .

Anonymous said...

that's a shame

Anonymous said...

BBC Wales will be breathing a sigh of relief today!

Anonymous said...

Basically, he can't be arse(mblye)d to continue updating it on a daily basis.

Fair nuff; but disappointing.

Anonymous said...

Lame!

Anonymous said...

Apropos of disappearing bloggers:

WHERE IS GUIDO ?

Anonymous said...

Guido's campaigning in Ireland for the forseeable...

Newmania said...

(KITE WATCH)

BTW I for one am still gagging to know what the story with Melissa Kite is . She lives in Balham , hunts foxes , she is 34 ( good looking apprently ) and seems to have been let of the leash only recently by her boss. She is involved with the Countryside alliance in some capacity so obviously a bit of "gel" , used to wrok for the Tiumes I think up to 2002 . Her background is otherwise a mystery although she is obviously pretty well connected.

Come on someone must know its driving me crazy. Nepotism is almost certain but where ?

Anonymous said...

'Liss good looking? You'll be saying you fancy Cathy Newman next.

Anonymous said...

Newmania

No nepotism as such so far as I am aware, but definitely a few wheels within wheels. Kite is godmother to the daughter of Matthew d'Ancona and his current partner Sarah Schaeffer. She was recruited to the Sunday Tel when d'Ancona was its Assistant Editor (Politics.)

Newmania said...

,..and La Shaeffer currently works for Blair I believe. Well I don`t think you can blame her for judicious grovelling . Probably just a standard issue Public School Oxbridge elite member.Yawn


Shame ,I was hoping she was Boris Johnson and Polly Toynbee`s Love child.

Rhys Llwyd said...

If he's left Welsh Politics he(or she) probably worked for an AM who lost their seat - that surly narrows it down slightly?

Paul Linford said...

Not exactly great timing in the week when Welsh politics makes one of its very rare forays into the national headlines.

Anonymous said...

"Arsembly hasn't been deleted, and I will no doubt return to it sometime in the future"
Like at election times????

Anonymous said...

"Message from Arsembly "

Is that a do-it-yourself bummer or a euphamism for "Arsenal, the team which will never again make it to Wembly."?

The Badger said...

A great loss to political satire and Welsh politics. We really need someone who can post whenever he notices a TV presenter has breasts, highlights the relationships of obscure spin doctors and anonymously describe politicians as c*nts while calling for them to be more accountable. How will we cope without him?

Anonymous said...

Rhys - with the leaving Welsh politics claim, Arsembly might well just be getting nervous and trying to sell us a red herring to mask his identity.
Will (s)he be missed? Other Welsh blogs are better and less gratuitously offensive anyway - like interviewers trying to ape Paxman, bloggers trying to be Guido usually turn out to be pale imitations.

Anonymous said...

What's all this "He/She" business? Arsembly is a bloke, that much I can tell you.