1. Lord Howell, Minister of State, FCO, would like Japan to become a member of the Commonwealth.
2. The new Minister of State at the Department of Health, Simon Burns, is a chain smoker.
3. Henry Bellingham, PUSS at the FCO, was called 'Mouse' at school, a nickname he retains to this day. Great in negotiations.
4. Lynne Featherstone's first act as junior Home Office Minister was to slag off her own government for its 'equalities' record.
5. Nick Harvey, the new Minister of State at the Ministry of Defence, managed to speak out in favour of the Eurofighter and against it, all within the space of a month.