1. When I was 9 I stuck a pitchfork through my big toe.
2. My Saturday job was mucking out my Dad's pigs. I was paid 10p per hour.
3. At primary school my friend threw a lump of plasticine at me from the other side of the classroom. It went straight into my mouth.
4. If I could buy a 20 tog duvet, I would. I like to sleep under two duvets.
5. I have blogged from the Oval Office.
6. Quite unbelievably I have done fashion shoots for both GQ and Esquire.
7. I once compered a wrestling match.
8. I once grew a beard, but it was a bit ginger, so had to come off.
9. I was once interviewed by Giggle the guinea pig for the Sheringham Independent.
10. The first time I ever got drunk, I downed 11 pernod & blacks in two hours in a Norwich nightclub.
11. I have never tried any illegal drug.
12. I once won a pig playing bowls.
13. On my first visit to America in 1987 I insisted on visiting Southfork ranch. I now wish to go to Dollywood.
14. The best hotel I ever stayed in was the Serena Hotel in Kigali, Rwanda.
15. The worst hotel I ever stayed in was a guest house in Blackpool. The bed had rubber sheets.
16. The first speeding ticket I ever got was in South Dakota.
17. I once had blonde streaks in my hair. It was a mistake.
18. I appeared on the Multi Coloured Swap Shop in 1978 with a photo of a funny road sign in Cambridge which said SHORT STAY - TOILETS - P.
19. The only time I have sung in public was when I played one of Mack the Knife's henchmen in Brecht's Die Drei Groschenoper and had to sing Soldaten Wohnen. Not pretty.
20. I once got hit by several eggs which had been meant for Cecil Parkinson.
21. I failed biology O Level and got ungraded in Physics.
22. I owned an Audi Cabriolet formerly owned by Princess Diana. I sold it a year too early, if you get my drift.
23. In 1994 I took my father to visit the Normandy war cemeteries. I found a grave with my name on it.
24. On local election day 1985, the day before my finals, I knocked a Labour voting motorcyclist off his bike while driving three Tory voting old ladies to the polling station.
25. I was stopped for speeding in North Norfolk on the night of my selection as candidate. I was, ahem, let off with a warning.