Tuesday, September 11, 2007

One Member, One Vote (ish)

A few days ago I received my ballot for the Conservative mayoral primary (so that’s another vote going Boris’ way). However it would appear I filled out my party membership form incorrectly; apparently I missed the ‘tick here to receive multiple votes in Conservative party elections box’ section.

A few of my friends were however much more discerning when filling in their applications and have accordingly received multiple ballot forms in return for their diligence. But that raises a question, just how many Party members have been rewarded in this way. So, over to you, do you know anyone who has received more than one ballot paper? Have you received more than one yourself?

[Note: I’m not suggesting any form wilful irregularity on the part of the party, it’s obviously down to administrative failures; but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem]