Monday, June 05, 2006

PodCast 9: Iain Meets Edwina Currie

Three years ago I interviewed Edwina Currie for 30 minutes on my Oneword programme about her diaries. I thought it was worth airing again as a Podcast, so here it is. I remember asking her what she saw in John Major with replying: "Well how explicit do you want me to be, Iain?!" If you haven't read her diaries, you should do so. They're about so much more than her notorious affair. You can listen to the Podcast by clicking on the icon in the left hand column - or it can be downloaded from iTunes.

NEXT WEEK: PodCast with Tony Benn!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You meet Edwina

My deepest sympathy Iain.

Bob Piper said...

As the late Alan Clarke said to her when she was lurking in a corner on the night she stabbed Thatcher in the back... "Didn't you use to be Edwina Currie?"

Croydonian said...

I always thought Edwina had a certain je ne sais quoi....

Paul Evans said...

Very interesting, I enjoyed that.

Bob Piper said...

...still think she should have kept her mouth shut...

I hadn't read that bit in the book, Carol, tell me more!