Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sue Ellen, You're a Drunk, a Whore & An Unfit Mother!


Blogging will be a little light for the next few hours as I take some time out to meet three of my TV heroes, Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy. They're filming an episode of Wogan Then & Now, and little old me has been invited to go along to meet them. Dallas remains one of my favourite TV programmes. I can remember watching the pilot episode in 1979 and thinking it was something very new. Although it tailed off towards the end of its run it remains for me an iconic programme and I am collecting the DVD Box Sets. It was the Desperate Housewives of its day! For those of you who share my fascination for Dallas there's a fantastic fan site called Ultimate Dallas which you can visit HERE. Now that I have ruined any remaining political credibility I had left - which wasn't a lot - I'll just get my coat...

8 comments:

Paul Walter said...

Agreed, it was a great series. And of course, like Eurovision, it earnt our Tel Wogan thousands. Sadly you are not seeing the actor who really made the show - Ken Kercheval. Without Cliff Barnes to snarl about, there would have been no JR.

Croydonian said...

How on earth did you wangle that then?

Anonymous said...

In view of the age demographics for this blog, I think it's safe for me to say you're showing your age a bit here :P

The Hitch said...

Dallas/Desperate housewives both represent all that is wrong with Anthony Blairs Britain, an unhealthy obsession with oil,large breasts ,undeserved celebrity and fornication. No doubt old Etonian
Dave "princess Tory" Blameron intends to let us all know what a huge fan he is some day soon, Ii just hope that I will be dead before that day arrives.

Anonymous said...

The only part of Dallas that was good was the opening credits with The Campbell Center next to North Central Expressway

Anonymous said...

I thought it a very good series too Iain.
It had everything that a good underhand, scurrilous, letcherous,adulterous, leading part would wish for.Larry played it to the top.The women loved him more than his fabulously loyal brother.Money, power,intrigue.
Briliant.

gary

Anonymous said...

Forget about Dallas - It is the seeing TERRY WOGAN that impresses me!!


Carlislecookiemonster

Anonymous said...

I hate to be pedantic but the actual quote was: “Sue Ellen, you’re a drunk, a tramp, and an unfit mother.” 'Whore' would have been a little bit over the top even for JR.