Wednesday, June 14, 2006

40 Things That Make You Embarrassed to be Labour

Labour Party chipmunk Chairwoman Hazel Blears is bombarding Labour Party members with emails containing a little list of 40 supposed achievements by the Labour Government since 1997. Forty is a bit of an odd number. You'd have thought in 9 years she could have come up with 100. The list is headlined "40 things that make you proud to be Labour". As you know, I have a softspot for Ms Blears, or Hazel as I like to call her. So I thought I'd tell you what she says in her personal appeal to Labour supporters. I'm like that you see.

It’s a tough time to be a Labour supporter. After a decade in office, no party can expect an easy ride from the voters or the media. But we have a fantastic story to tell about what we’ve achieved for our communities and for the people who gave us three election victories in a row. So let’s spend the summer telling it like it is: more jobs, better schools and hospitals, more police on the streets and falling crime, and a huge range of improvements and achievements.

Bless. And if she tells us it all often enough, I;m sure we'll all believe it, won't we? My little chipmunkHazel is also getting some help from an unexpected quarter in THIS new blog. It's in her name but she's a busy lady so I'm sure some kind person has helped her in her endeavour. I think it might become required reading.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the women. Please please don’t put up pictures of her. That smile! She can smile her way through the worst interview, no matter what’s being thrown at Labour she is always smiling!

She is beyond annoying

dizzy said...

sneaky! I wonder if I can get a link there! ;)

wonkotsane said...

If she has any involvement in that blog she'll be the only honest minister in government right now.

Croydonian said...

Without wishing to solicit a criminal offence, I think much of the nation would be cheered if she custard pied....

Paul Burgin said...

Well I am sure that part of the reason she is smiling is that she knows it can annoy Conservative Party activists :)

Anonymous said...

Jolly good stuff!

I wonder who's behind this one?

The perfect antidote to the ADHD-ridden chipmunk's usual drivel.

Curly said...

Yes, this looks like a perfectly decent blog to read, it's about time we saw a new Blairblog, his smiling features are now almost certain to send voters to the Tory camp!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear God... She's on Newsnight now...

This should be interesting- I wonder how long it takes for her to veer off-topic?

Anonymous said...

Surely she's just Nu Labour in microcosm:

Dominated by an annoying grin, intellectually feeble, unable to admit wrongdoing and, judging from her lack of movement during interviews, paralysed from the neck down.

Anonymous said...

I've just seen her die on Newsnight, but I don't think she felt a thing.

Paul Linford said...

Are you and/or Guido behind this one by any chance Iain?

Iain Dale said...

Paul, flattered you should think so, but it's nowt to do with me guv. And the writing style is far too serious for Guido!

Anonymous said...

That's a surprise - thought it would be you or the other bloke. Is it that Montgomerie chappy?

nsfl said...

I watched A Taste Of Honey last night for the first time and really enjoyed it. Until I discovered this. Which appears to be true. What a nasty coincidence.

Anonymous said...

Iain, I know it's the role of the Party loyalist in you that derides Government achievemnts and I know how hard it is to break through back into the real world.
After all, I did personally help to bring the Conservative Government down but genuinely didn't expect to the Tory party to disintegrate in the process.

You won't understand or accept the massive social gains in the Country but around here almost all of the children are now in University. Hazel is right to highlight these points.

Rubbish it if you like, but come the election, Dave will face this challenge. Denigrate the students and parents and you'll lose them forever.
You Tories have starved our children and communities and are now paying for it.
Portillo knows this and is giving credit for it.Portillo has crossed the boundary and we listen.
Gary

Fitaloon said...

Love no 3 on the list

'The economy is providing more jobs than ever before. We have conquered youth unemployment. There are 2.5 more people in work.'

Gosh thats a lot!
I assume the half is Hazel!

Anonymous said...

I like chipmunks. New Labour's own Nurse Ratched, on the other hand, I come close to detesting...