Friday, June 16, 2006

Prescott in Bent & Twisted Dilemma

I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms. It's been at least two weeks since I had a go at our Deputy DawgPrime Minister, so lert's rectify that now, shall we? I much enjoyed this little piece in today's Axegrinder column in the Press Gazette.

LARDY Deputy PM John Prescott gets a good ribbing in the satirical magazine, Bent and Twisted. Under the headline, “Prescott’s wife shocked at revelations”, the story reads: “Pauline Prescott, 66, yesterday announced that she was ‘shocked’ at the latest revelations about her husband’s secret life. “I’ve been married to him for 45 years,” she said in an interview published in this week’s Heat magazine. “I know the wife is always supposed to be the last to know, but he was so secretive about it. “It came as a huge shock to discover that he was Deputy Prime Minister. I never even knew he was involved in politics, let alone he was an MP — I mean, he never talked about it at home and certainly never did any constituency work or anything…” You get the gist. Anyway, one of the mag’s readers sent the spoof article to a friend who works at the Home Office. A couple of days later the reader received a call from the office of the Deputy PM, wanting to know where the story had come from. Buffoon that he is, it seems Prezza was taking it seriously!

1 comment:

Ross said...

No I think Rosie Winterton prefers a position under the DPM.